2019 STIHL MS 462 R C-M Rescue
Call for Price
The STIHL MS 462 R C-M Rescue chainsaw is a real lifesaver.
Designed exclusively for specially trained fire, rescue and emergency personnel, the STIHL MS 462 R C-M Rescue features the remarkable OILOMATIC® STIHL RAPID™ Duro Rescue Chain (RDR) capable of cutting through glass, sheet metal, roofing, wood, and a wide variety of other materials encountered during rescue operations. When compared to the MS 461 Rescue, the STIHL 462 R C-M Rescue is lighter, has significantly less vibration and features improved chain oil capacity. A depth limiter allows for rapid depth-controlled cutting for the toughest of applications such as roof venting and technical entry, while a muffler guard plate limits the amount of debris on the muffler. The extra-large starter handle enables easier starting while wearing large protective gloves. When seconds count, professional emergency personnel count on STIHL.
- Adjustable Automatic Oiler: The Adjustable Automatic Oiler allows the user to adjust the lubricant of the guide bar and saw chain for different bar lengths and cutting conditions.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Common Features for Chainsaws: View the features common to many STIHL chainsaws.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- STIHL ElastoStart™: The ElastoStart™ starter handle is an exclusive feature of STIHL. It is a starting grip with a built-in shock absorber that helps reduce the effort when pulling on the starter cord. The ElastoStart™ starter grip noticeably reduces the sudden peak forces (compression) normally felt during cranking. The forces which occur at the grip after the first compression stroke are smoothed out.
- Wrap Handle (R): Saw can be used in multiple positions for felling or limbing with hands in the proper positions.
- Ematic™ Lubrication System: The Ematic™ guide bar, when used with STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain, will provide proper lubrication and less oil consumption than conventional methods. The system works because two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to the sliding faces of the bar and chain links as well as the rivets and driver holes, which in turn can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.
- Decompression Valve: The decompression valve, also referred to as 'deco' or 'deco valve', vents compression in the cylinder for easier starting. The decompression valve temporarily reduces the compression in the combustion chamber during cranking and helps reduce the effort needed to pull the starter rope. It is opened manually and closes automatically as soon as the engine fires.
- Master Control Lever™: The Master Control Lever™ is an easy to use single lever, operating the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch. The operator must pull the throttle trigger before moving the Master Control Lever™ to the choke position.
- Displacement: 72.2 cc (4.41 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 4.4 kW (6.0 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 6.5 kg (14.3 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 720 cc (24.35 oz)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 340 cc (11.5 oz)
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended Ranges): 50 cm (20")STIHL OILOMATIC® Saw Chain
- 4.41 cu. in. (72.2 cc)
- Horse Power
- 6.0 bhp (4.4 kW)
- 14.3 lb. (6.5 kg)
- Bar Length Options
- 20 in. (50 cm)